CEO AND FOUNDER MYTRENDYPLACE
Lisa has a heart for people. She loves to give back and help those in need. She has a passion for helping women look and feel beautiful by enhancing their beauty. She does this through her business as well as her volunteer work both in the community and as a resource to other women entrepreneurs. Lisa’s business is her real ministry, bringing hope to those who have lost their confidence due to hair loss and the devastating effects of Cancer, Alopecia and other medically related hair loss.
Initiatives she has taken to make her business grow and be successful:
Lisa continues to further her knowledge by taking classes, meeting with other business owners and attending developmental seminars. She is a leader in her field and works continuously to raise the industry standard. She consistently volunteers her talents, teaches classes and spends time working with various organizations for women\ and Cancer and Alopecia patients. She thinks outside of the box as can be seen mingling and helping women feel better about themselves with some fabulous wigs.
As owner of My Trendy Place, Lisa has faced many challenges. These experiences have made her stronger both personally and professionally. Her focus to overcome them has not only helped her move forward but strengthens her determination to grow and continue to prosper the business of helping others.
We believe that a positive self-image is a part of feeling well, so we offer the highest quality of human and natural looking hair in stock, so that women can walk out of our doors ready to reclaim their inner and outer beauty.
Contributions to support small and women/minority owned business:
Lisa contributes to various organizations through volunteering and monetary donations. She supports the local Girl Scouts, has developed a college internship program to help young women attending college and partners with various business owners to provide referrals, mentoring and support. She coordinates, sponsors, publicizes and hosts an annual event allowing other women business owners to showcase their products and services. She also shares space inside her boutique with independent business owners and allows female owned business to display their products. She consistently volunteers her talents, teaches classes and spends time working with various organizations for women, cancer patients and those suffering from Alopecia and has been invited to keynote and represent women minority business owners. Ms. Amosu has recently launched her non-profit organization LEAP, Ladies Empowering All People which provides complimentary hair replacement systems, breast prosthesis, clothing, accessories and complimentary makeovers for women and children who suffer with Cancer and Alopecia. The non-profit’s mission is to encourage and help women through the emotional toll the disease has on most patients.
Lisa Amosu is one of the most sought after Hair Replacement Specialist in Houston, TX. She has been in the industry for over fifteen years and is certified Wig Fitter. She works closely with the National Alopecia Foundation (NAAF), The Look Good Feel Better Program and the American Cancer Society. Her business, My Trendy Place is a Beauty and Wellness Boutique that provides high quality, non-surgical hair replacement methods for those who suffer from hair loss. My Trendy Place has a mastectomy line of business that enables women with the option to custom order breast prosthetics and mastectomy products. Lisa and her professional staff have been pioneers of the Hair Replacement Industry in the Houston area for over twelve and a half years years. My Trendy Place also provides breast prosthesis and other Cancer Recovery Products that enhances a woman’s self-esteem while going through her journey. The boutique side of My Trendy Place is every woman’s Dollhouse, offering unique clothing, jewelry and accessories that are runway ready.
- Graduate of the Business Competition Program, Spring 2019
- Graduate of the Goldman Sachs 10K Small Business Program 2014
- Participant in the Business Competition Program , New Spring 2015
- The Rose, Non-Profit Organization -Participant and Chair Member for Special events
- National Association of Women Business Owners – 2012,2013,2015 Business Woman of the Year Nominee
- Breast Health Collaborative of Texas – Current Participant, Sponsor
- Houston Business Journal – Powerful Business Women Forum, Participant 2015
- Yellowstone Academy – Career Day Keynote for Business Entrepreneurs
- Partner for Methodist Hospital Cancer Center – On-site Professional Wig Boutique
- Honored by Pink Petals for Pat Breast Cancer Awareness 2013
- InnovateHer – Semi Finalist June 2016
- Graduate Emerging Leaders, Professional Business Development Program, 2016
Civic and community organizations
- Methodist Hospital in the Cancer Center – Partner and Volunteer
- Look Good Feel Better – Volunteer
- American Cancer Society – Keynote and Image Consultant- Volunteer
- MD Anderson Wig Salon –Volunteer
- National Alopecia Foundation – Supporter and Partner
- Beauty and Inner Image – Keynote and Volunteer
- Angels Surviving Cancer – Sponsor
- Pretty Girls with Cancer – Sponsor
- LEAP – Ladies Empowering All People Non Profit Organization – President